Puma Future 18.3 hyFG Mens Football Boots Yellow / Red US 12 Adult,Converse Sex Pistols White Black 151195C 1,Clarks Junior - HOLLY II - SILVER DISTRESS - EURO 37 Senior,Clarks Toddler - MITCH - NAVY - UK 04.5 Prewalker,CC Resorts Felisa Womens Comfortable Supportive Sandals Black 7 AUS or 38 EUR - (7 AUS or 38 EUR)
Women's Skechers GOwalk Lite - Cutesy - (7),Merrell Men's Intercept Walking Shoe Black UK9 (size UK9),Women's Blue Denim Stiletto Heels Tassels Ankle Strap SandalsBlack Rhinestone Heels Satin Slingback Stiletto Heel Sandals for Prom
BROOKS LEVITATE WOMENS BLACK - (9),Beira Rio Womens Cushioned Comfort Active Casual Shoes Made In Brazil Black/Green 6 AUS or 37 EUR - (6 AUS or 37 EUR)
adidas Pureboost GO Mens Running Shoes Black / White US 9,Beira Rio Womens Cushioned Active Casual Shoes Made In Brazil Black/Black 5 AUS or 36 EUR - (5 AUS or 36 EUR),Nike Flex Contact Mens Running Shoes Black / Grey US 10,Black Nets Pointed Toe Stiletto Boots Ankle BootsRoyal Blue Heels Colours Rhinestone Peep Toe Platform Slingback PumpsScholl Orthaheel Fanfare Womens Comfortable Supportive Active Shoes Burgundy 7 AUS or 38 EUR - (7 AUS or 38 EUR)
Pin Up Couture CUTIEPIE-02 Beige/Cream UK 5 (size UK 5),Fabulicious LIP-137 Brown UK 2 (size UK 2),Common Projects Original Archilles Low White Sole (44 EU),Nike Air Precision II Mens Basketball Shoes Black US 8.5,Hush Puppies Yeah (9 AU),Flex & Go Womens Comfortable Slip On Leather Shoes Made In Portugal Black 8 AUS or 39 EUR - (8 AUS or 39 EUR),Aqua Shoes Pointy Toe Mirror Leather Stiletto Heel Pumps for Ladies
Vizzano Womens Comfortable Knee High Low Heel Boots Made In Brazil Black 6 AUS or 37 EUR - (6 AUS or 37 EUR),Keen Terradora WP Waterproof Womens Comfortable Hiking Shoes Neutral Gray Gargoyle 9 US or 26 cm - (9 US or 26 cm),Steve Madden Friday Sandal (6 AU),Clarks Womens - SPICED RIVER - BLACK COMBO SUEDE - UK 5
Karhu Fluid 3 Fulcrum Road Running Shoes WinterBlue/BlueAtoll Womens UK 4.5 (size UK 4.5),Clarks Womens - FLORES ROSE - BLACK SUEDE - UK 3,
HomeAsk yourself the right questions
Fabulicious AUDREY-03 Beige/Cream UK 3 3 3 (size UK 3) 66971c
Responsible consumption also means asking yourself the right questions before you buy something. Obviously, the work of sales people and advertising is to convince you that you need their product, while that of smart shoppers is, instead, to make informed decisions.
Decide how to spend your money:
- Does the purchase meet a real need or is it to flatter your ego (to impress your friends)?
- Do you really need the product or service?
- It is worth the time it will take you to earn the money to pay for it? Go back to calculate what an hour of work is really worth.
- Could you put your money to better use?
- Is your impulse to buy linked to an emotion? Do you go shopping because you’re sad? Angry? Wildly happy? If the answer is yes, leave your credit cards at home and take only a minimum amount of cash with you. You could make a purchase you later regret if you go shopping when you’re in an emotional state.
Decide in advance what products or services you’re going to buy:
- What level of quality do you need and want? Be aware that higher prices don’t necessarily equate to better quality. Find out about the product first by asking people around you or refer to consumer guides to forge your own opinion.
- How much can you afford to spend?
- Can you wait for the sales?
- Do you really need to buy a well-known brand or could a generic brand do just as well?
A good trick to avoid impulse purchases: when you’re shopping and the urge strikes to buy a particular item, write it down on a list and let it “stew” for a few weeks. Take it out 2 weeks later and ask yourself if you still need it. If the answer is yes and you have the money to buy it, give yourself permission to buy it. If the answer is no, start a new list.
For more “economical” ideas, see Ideas that pay off.